Well, the past week has just flown past. Last Monday we drove down to Mole-St. Nicholas. It is about an hour and a half drive Mole-St. Nicholas is a town that is right on the coast. Columbus actually sailed into the bay there. There is an airstrip where MAF (Missionary Aviation Fellowship) planes can fly in. Nathana and Bethany were flying in from Port au Prince. We got to the airstrip about 30 minutes early and so we drove down to the shore. There are these really sharp rocks (they look like what you'd expect a reef to look like if it was exposed). We went and gingerly sat on them and watched the ocean for a while. It was so beautiful. About 10:20 Grace and I started to walk up towards the airstrip. Steve and Faith drove up with Jacob. Linda was walking aways behind us. While we were walking we heard the rumble of the plane as it headed towards the strip. It was SO neat! I love to fly and I think it would be so neat to learn how to fly a little plane and get my private pilot's license. That's one of my many dreams that will probably never happen. :) Anyway, it was so fun to watch the pilot land and take off. Once we had picked up our deliveries (Nathan and Bethany), we headed out to the beach. We had a wonderful time and we all got sunburned. It was so fun, though!
I've still be working in the mornings at the clinic. I'm responsible for doing all the vital signs (unless we're positively swamped like we were this AM and one of the nurses helped me). It has been such great experience for me!
Yesterday some missionaries came up from a town about 15 miles away (that translates into a 1.5 hour drive!! - bad roads). They have a medical clinic there. It was so much fun to visit with them. Last night some of the catholic nuns came over and we visited with them for just a few minutes. The nuns are all from other countries who have come to work here. Bethany is a Spanish major and most of the nuns are from Columbia or Spain. When she came out of the house and started to speak to them in Spanish they were so surprised and toally delighted!! Grace, Bethany, and I are going over to visit them this afternoon. One of them taught Grace how to tat and Grace is SO good at it. Apparently, Columbia is known for it's tatting and so it has been so neat that Grace has learned from the best! Grace just finished this amazing tatting project and she is planning on showing it to the nuns this afternoon.
Thanks for all of you who have commented. I'm sorry I haven't answered you all personally. But, please know that it is so fun to hear from you! Thanks to all of you who have prayed, too. I am so grateful for you all!
3 comments:
Jess,
So glad you've got the blog to keep us all posted this time! Know that we are praying for you!
Love,
Rex, Lori, Jacob & Katy
yo girl. I posted, check it out.
bro
Sorry! I just now checked out your blog. We were only in the states 6 weeks! We have a lot of suff to catch up on. Sounds like you had a lot of fun after we left.
I really wanted to be here! Oh!Gota run. Luv Ya!!!!!!!
Laurie
Post a Comment