The day after my last post we drove towards Chico Hot Springs in Southwestern Montana. When we arrived in Billings, MT to eat lunch we noticed that one tire on our van had a slash in it, so we were able to get it fixed. That was a blessing from the Lord. Had we driven on it for a lot longer we might have had a blow-out on the highway. It was just amazing that I saw it when we came out of Wendy's. The tire was at just the right angle to be able to see the slash. When we got to Wal-Mart to get it fixed it was hard to find because the tire was in a different position. It was also neat that we noticed it in a town because if you've ever been to Montana you know that you can go for miles and miles and not see any sign of civilization!! :)
When we got to Pray, Montana, we went to our cabin which was a few miles up the road from Chico Hot Springs where the wedding was going to be (and where the rest of Mom's family was staying). Thursday evening we had a b-day party for my aunt and cousin.
These pictures are SO out of order!! Sorry. I don't really know how to move them around without a lot of headache. For clarity's sake this is the order:
Friday (27th): Chico Hot Spring, horseback riding
Sat: Wedding
Mon: Yellowstone
Tuesday: Grand Tetons
If you've ever wondered what it would be like to travel with me in the car, here's a picture to help you in your imaginings. :)
Here's one sister traveling . . . yikes!
And here's the other . . . yikes again!! :)
The girls and I by the lower falls of the Yellowstone River. Simply fabulous - it falls like 300 feet.Mom and Dad in front of the Tetons.
The girls and I in Cunningham Cabin.
Here's Cunningham Cabin with the Tetons in the background (we didn't stay in this cabin!!)
Family picture! This is all the people from my mom's family who were able to be there, plus the bride and groom. This picture came out good unless you look too close and then you can find a couple people making funny faces (sorry Aunt Kitty C!!)
My sisters and I with our cousin at the reception.
Monday we went to Yellowstone. It was very fun - we had a plan and saw lots of great things all in one day!The bison are incredible in Yellowstone. They just roam around. We saw this one in a field as we drove down the road. There was one that was a lot closer, but the picture didn't turn out very well. The video is amazing, though!
The girls in front of Old Faithful. We got to see it go off twice - it was amazing!!
This is the view from my Aunt Maureen and Uncle Bob's cabin. The view is looking down on the Chico Hot Springs resort. We ate breakfast on the porch here for 2 of the 3 mornings we were there. I stayed at this cabin with my aunt and uncle because there wasn't room in our cabin. Thanks Aunt Maureen and Uncle Bob!
Mom and her sisters. L-R: Aunt Maureen, Mom, Aunt Kitty (who looks so much like my mom I can hardly believe it!!)
On Friday a whole group of us (mostly aunts and cousins) went horseback riding. It was so neat to be able to horseback ride in this beauty!!

3 comments:
Hey Jess! The pictures are great and the horseback riding sounds awesome. Now I want to go there sometime! fourteen days before i down to school! I'm excited.
Love you
Hi Grace,
Thanks for the comment!! It was such a fun trip. I can't believe you're almost ready to start college - WOW!! I'm sorry I haven't e-mailed you yet about going to see Bethany. I'll e-mail you soon and we'll see if we can work something out! Love you too!!
Jess
Jess!!!!
I can't believe you posted that picture of me.
Forever, your loving sister,
Joanna
At least until you get home from work.
:)
Post a Comment