This was my weekend off and I have had a blast! :) Saturday morning I drove to see Grace (daughter of the family I stayed with in Haiti). She is settling into her dorm for her first semester of college life. She took me on a tour of the campus and we ate lunch together at the cafeteria. After a good chatty girl time, I headed back to Springfield. I got to spend a good evening with my family. Joanna and I made dinner together and then after dinner the girls, Mom, and I played a game of Clue Mystery.
This morning we went to church, ran to the store to pick up some groceries, and then home to have lunch outside in the backyard while we worked at burning some brush/branches that we still have left from the ice storm in January!! At 2:00 I met with some friends at the library and then this evening we went out to the church of some friends of ours for a Labor Day celebration. They had a band playing that has a couple of our friends in it. They also had this guy who did Barney Fife impersonating. He was fantastic!! It was so hilarious.
Does anyone know the meaning of Labor Day? I don't and I just thought it would be interesting to see if anyone does. Comment on this post if you know the meaning. I'm curious! :)
1 comment:
Jess,
Thanks for playing with us and teaching me how to make scalloped potatoes and blueberry pie! :)
Your Sis,
Joanna
Post a Comment