

Here's the opposite side of our yard.

The girls made Mom and Dad the sweetest Valentine's Day Dinner (actually they made them breakfast, too). The set a table up in their room, put a new tablecloth over it - thanks Mrs. Ruth - and set it with candles. For appetizer they served up baked stuffed mushrooms. Then came salad and the main dish of Greek Chicken and Potatoes. For dessert they made this to-die-for cheesecake with chocolate drizzled over the top. While they ate, Mom and Dad watch a movie. It was so sweet.
This week has gone well. I just finished this ginormous school project. Every 3 weeks you have to do one of these projects and (I kid you not) it literally took me 6.5 solid hours today to finish it. Now I have to write a HIV research paper that is due by midnight tomorrow. Tomorrow I also have to finish up some last minute details for Rachel's wedding shower (that's Saturday morning) and I agreed to go in and help out at work from 9:30-2:00. Well, I guess Princess Whiney needs to stop listing and lamenting all her many duties.
To change the subject. I've been praying for different people groups in Sudan lately. I found this website called www.sudan101.com. They have all sorts of biographical sketches on the different people groups in Sudan and what their prayer needs are. I'm finding that one of the ways I can get my focus off myself is to pray for the advancement of God's kingdom (imagine that . . . seems like I've heard something like "seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you . . .").
Dinner will be happening soon (ham and beans and cornbread are perfect on an icy night like this . . . yumm!!) and I need to go focus on something other than a computer screen for a little while!!
No comments:
Post a Comment