Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Things I Love Best, Part Two

SISTERS

"More than Santa Claus, your sister knows
when you've been bad and good."
~Linda Sunshine


Another one of the things that I love very best of all is my two sisters. I absolutely adore being a big sister. We love to giggle, tease, and tickle one another. There is rarely a time when I get upset or discouraged about something that my sisters aren't there cheering me on and encouraging me.

We love to sing the song "Sisters" from the movie "White Christmas". But, believe me, we sound nothing like Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen. Oh no . . . we sound much better. ;)

"Sisters, Sisters
There were never such devoted sisters
Never had to have a chaperone "No, sir"
I'm there to keep my eye on her

"Caring, Sharing
Every little thing that we are wearing
When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome
She wore the dress and I stayed home

"All kinds of weather
We stick together
The same in the rain or sun
Two diff'rent faces
But in tight places
We think and we act as one.

"Those who've seen us
Know that not a thing could come between us
Many men have tried to split us up but no one can
Lord help the mister
Who comes between me and my sister
And Lord help the sister
Who comes between me and my man"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was just looking back at old posts, and just wanted to say that i love you too! <3 you're way better of a sister than i am! :)
rush