Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Encouragement towards Modesty

I wanted to let all my friends know about some posts on another blog that have been an encouragement to me. They are on post 3 of 7 discussing modesty. Although he hasn't released the last four posts, I would recommend the first three! They have been an encouragement to me. Click here to read the first post!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thank you, Jessica.
The articles are so good.
I need frequent reminders of why I do what I do, especially when even many of my Christian friends now say that modesty is all relative and simply a matter of the heart.

Something that really hit home recently was seeing an full page, glossy ad in secular women's magazine. A popular celebrity was pictured with a sensual look on her face (in fairly decent clothes, but provocative nevertheless), and across the page was a quote, "Every morning when I get up, the clothes I decide to wear will shout out to the world who I want to be, and who I want people to think I am. I choose carefully, because my clothes shout the loudest."

I nearly jumped when I read the quote, thinking, "What?! That sounds like something that a Christian booklet on modesty would be saying!" But, no, it's Hollywood. Wow. Even they know that every item of clothing represents *something* and tells the world where one's heart is!

Okay, so now you know what I'll soon be blogging about! : )

Thank you... and blessings! We just need to get together sometime soon. I'm sure we both have a lot of catching up to do. : )