Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Camp Nurse and Trip to NY

The girls and I in Calvary Cemetery (the tall building in the background? . . . that's the Empire State Building!!)


A small smattering of gravestones commemorating 3 million lives. Dad said that he hoped the resurrection wouldn't happen while we were there because it would probably be a little rough while the "dead in Christ" were rising first. ;)

I'm sitting in my grandma's living room in New York and finally posting on my long-neglected blog. :) The past month has been very busy. Right after my last post I worked for two 60-hr weeks at work. Then I went to a camp for children with disabilities and worked as a nurse. It was such an amazing learning experience and I had a blast!! I got home from there on Sunday afternoon and then at 3:45 on Sunday morning we left to drive to my grandparents' house in New York. We spent last night in Harrisburg, PA. This morning we drove through Manhatten, Brooklyn, and Queens. That's always interesting. We were doing some family history sluthing with Mom in Calvary Cemetery. There are 3 million people buried in that cemetery (I'm not exaggerating - there really are 3 million!!).


I hope to be better about updating with pics and stories on our trip. I'm sorry I haven't put up my camp pictures. Almost all of them have campers in them and since they're all young and disabled, I just didn't feel right putting their pics up on the internet without their parents' permission. Those of you who know me can ask though and I'd be glad to show them to you in person!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm...Jessi, that's a terrible picture of me, and why is "sisters" almost last on your favorites list? :)
Crazy Pete