
Tonight I felt like I'd been socked in the stomach as "Obama Elected President" was announced across the TV screen. This is not how I had hoped today would end. This is not what I was hoping for my country. And yet, here it is. The reality of the outcome is staring me in the face. So, what do I say?
My friend, Joanna, had a great way of putting it. She said she "hates it that Christians say that "God willed it so." God NEVER wills evil. He gives us the choice. We choose evil. He works for good anyway...". I agree with her. Because of Obama's stands on moral issues, I do not believe this would be the Lord's choice for our country, but He has allowed us to go the way we desire.
I especially love the last part of what she said, ". . . He works for good anyway . . ." As we sat with friends in our living room tonight, one friend led us in singing a song called "You Never Let Go". The TV was muted, but we were watching the crowds in Chicago cheer while we were singing the faith-building words of this song:
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?
(Chorus:)"Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me
"And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth"
- Matt Redman -
Here is my greatest comfort:
"The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all". Psalm 103:19
And there ain't no one kicking Him off His throne!!!
1 comment:
"Their ain't no one kicking Him off His throne"-- Amen!
Post a Comment