Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Latest and Greatest

It has been quite a little bit of time since my last newsy post, so I shall make an attempt to update. Perhaps the easiest way is to do a small "photolog" of my favorite memories of the past few months.

My dad's sister and her husband came from Colorado for a visit in May! It was super fun to have them with us. :) We went to Dixie Stampede together and had a fabulous time.



The later part of May found us celebrating Rush's birthday. Nans and I took her out to lunch and then we all went shopping. One of the best moments was when our waiter gave Rush a big piece of amazing chocolate cake on the house because it was her birthday! To say we made some fun memories doesn't even begin to describe it! :)









Last Thursday evening, Mom and I went to a flip-flop party! It was held at the home of a woman in our church and a bunch of ladies attended. Mom and the pastor's wife were the judges and they awarded prizes for different flip-flop categories (most "unique", most beautiful, best theme, etc.). And of course, what's a get together without some amazing food?




Mom, our pastor's wife, and yours truly. :)





Then, last Saturday and Sunday were filled with wedding help for some close family friends. We have known Rann's family forever. Or so it seems. :) 20 years anyway. One of my dearest friends is his sister, Kaylea. Anyway, Rann married his sweet fiancee, Jenny on Sunday afternoon. It was a busy weekend, but super super super fun!!! My three favorite memories?

1.) The smile on Rann's face during the ceremony
2.) Catching the bouquet!
3.) Finding out at the end of the wedding day that one of Kaylea's other brothers and his wife are expecting their first baby!








As to the present, I am taking a 4 credit hour summer class called "Nursing Administration and Leadership". It's not very hard, but it does require a lot of reading. I'm also taking a general education health course through the university's correspondence department. That class is nice because I have 6 months to do it and I just work at my own pace (my current pace is slower than slow . . . actually, I've barely cracked the cover of the book)!


I am also excited about upcoming trips, too! Aunt Mary Ann (my mom's younger sister) is getting married to July 4th and we're all going out east for the wedding. It should be a blast! I'm excited to see my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents!! :) Then in August I'm traveling to Ecuador!! More to come about that! :)

1 comment:

Colin + Rachel said...

Thanks for the update! The pictures are great. My favorite is the one of you and Nans with the empty cake plate!