Well, I'm finally here! It is hot and sticky, as usual. My mom asked me if it was like I remembered. It is completely like I remember it. I feel like I've only been gone a couple of months. It is good to be back here.
For clarification, Steve and Faith are the missionaries I am working with. Their children who currently live here are Grace (18) and Jacob (14). Linda is a retired woman who just moved here to work at the widow's home and pastor's library that are on the compound. Yesterday morning we left Port au Prince about 5:30 in the morning and drove all day to get to Bombardopolis. It took us around 12 hours and is 165 miles. We caravanned with Rich and Keith Byers, a missionary and his son who live about 1.5 hours away from here. When we finally arrived here, Grace was preparing pizza and breadsticks! It was really nice to finally be here. Today Linda, Grace, and I worked unloading, unpacking, and pricing all the meds that were purchased in Port au Prince. The meds are kept in a small room about 6 x 15 and there are shelves all around. There are no windows and the room gets really hot, really fast. The job took us hours to finish!
Please pray that I can pick Creole back up and learn it quickly. :)
Love,
Jess
1 comment:
Jessie,
Thanks for the post. It is so nice to get to see what is going on with you while you are in Haiti. we are praying for you and the Leachs.
Nyiad
Post a Comment