Friday, May 18, 2007

College Algebra and Silver Dollar City

Yesterday morning started off early. I went to Missouri State University and took a CLEP test for College Algebra. CLEP stands for College Level Examination Program. When you pass a CLEP test your college (depending on their policies) will award credit for the equivalent class. So, I took the CLEP test for College Algebra. I didn't really think I could pass it, but my dad was so convinced that I would pass it that he promised to pay for the test himself if I didn't!!. Out of obedience to what he wanted, I took the test. And I passed it!! :) I was so excited! God was wanting to know if I'd trust Him and once again He proved He was faithful.

Around lunchtime we headed down to Silver Dollar City for an afternoon of fun. We took Molly and Sam B. with us. It was so much fun!! Here are some pictures from the afternoon.


This ride is called the Giant Barn Swing. There are two pendulum type arms that swing you back and forth. On each arm there are 8 seats facing one way and 8 seats facing the other way. They go way up above the tree line. At the peak of the ride they are at like a 95-100 degree angle from the ground. I haven't ridden it yet, but I plan to soon. Really, I promise . . . maybe . . .

If you look really close you can see Dad in the white t-shirt, Molly to the right of him, and Sam to the right of Molly.

Dad, Sam, and Molly rode Wildfire too. I would have but my neck was sore and I didn't want to make it worse (even though I ended up on a ride later in the afternoon that made it worse). I am starting to like Wildfire and other "scary" rides. I'm trying to be brave!! :) I took this picture from the observation deck. They are just starting on the ride. They're about to turn a corner and start climbing to the top of a huge incline so they can plummett (sp?) straight down (the bad part) and then start to go around in loops (the fun part). They are in the fifth row from the front. Dad is on the right side, Molly and Sam on the left side.


Here are the girls on the "Happy Frogs" ride. The frogs bounce up and down. I went on this ride twice (no, this isn't the ride that made my neck worse!!).

We had a splendid time and were so grateful for good weather!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessi
I finally got around to commenting on your blog and it's pretty good!! You and Strider are sooo lucky you get blogs, I wish I had one! I'll be missing both of you when you go to Haiti and Si goes to Africa!!
Silverstar

Anonymous said...

Jessi,
I love Wildfire!!
Can't wait to ride it with you when you get back from Haiti.
Beware of screaming!! :)
I felt very sorry for the guy next to me when I rode it for the first time.
I think I must of blown his eardrums out.
Talk to you later.
Joanna