Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Butane and the Airlines

Tuesday afternoon I trekked down to the airport with my butane straightening iron. When I went in the lady at the American Airlines counter was on old friend of ours. Her name is Mary. My parents met her and Mark (her husband) back in the early 1980s at a farm auction when Mary was pregnant with her son Dustin and Mom was pregnant with me. Okay, back to the butane. . . I asked Mary if it was acceptable to put it in my checked baggage. She said she wasn't sure, but she and the other guy who worked at the counter said they thought it would be fine since I hadn't unwrapped it yet so it was still in the original packaging. Mary took it in the back and checked with the TSA people. When she came back she said, "It is an absolute NO! They'll take it out of your luggage!" I was so glad it was a definite answer!! :) So, if any of you buy a butane curling or straightening iron, you can't take it when you fly! :) Aren't you glad you read my blog today - now you know a little piece of trivia that no one probably really cares about!

No comments: