Saturday, June 9, 2007

OWWW!!

Okay, so yesterday I had my most horrible experience yet. This far outweighs tarantulas and rats and people's skin infections. This was so bad that I think I'm going to have to get some counseling when I get home. :) Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad . . .

Grace and I were getting something out of the pantry. As I carried it into the kitchen, I realized that it was covered in ants. Now, you must realize that all the ants I've met in my life have been kind, social creatures who only care about the sugar on the counter - not about eating me piece by piece. So, I have ants crawling all over my hands. Okay, there were like 10 ants crawling on me. Then, they started to dine. On me. Have you ever been bit by ants. Living in my sheltered American home, I've never been bitten by a little booger like that! Once we drowned all the ants, we went back to the pantry to look for more trouble. As I was carrying other stuff to the kitchen to remove ants (my hands were full), I felt that horrible sensation that tells my brain to tell my body that an ant has decided I taste good. I looked down at my finger and saw this ant feasting away. There was no way I could kill him. If I killed him, I would have to drop everything I was carrying and that would cause ants to go all over. So, I did the only logical thing I could do to stop him . . . I screamed very loudly at him.

"Stop biting me, you little jerk!!"

Guess what, he didn't listen. Now, the only reason I'm baring my heart here is that I don't get any sympathy here. They've all been bitten by ants (fire ants, at that) and no one in this family thinks that I was severely traumatized. They all laughed at me (in all honesty, I laughed at myself too).

Moral of the story: Don't scream at ants - they don't have ears.
Moral #2: Even if they did have ears, they'd probably speak Creole, not English.

:)
Jessica

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not great that you had this terrible trial, but it sure is great that you can post this way and keep your friends and family updated.

Shelly said...

Wow Jessica,
That does not sound fun>
Oh by the way you will never believe it but Joe got married last night they decided they didnt want to wait until august very sweet, short simple wedding.
Pictures when you get home.
we are praying for you

Jessica said...

Will wonders never cease! I can't believe he got married so soon!! It'll be super fun to look at pics. :) Thanks for your prayers and thanks for keeping in touch! Jessica

A. Victoria said...

I love it! You yelled at an ant. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica,
Congratulations on the new job! You can always work at the home health agency on call. Looks good on your resume.All that experience!!!
Best wishes and enjoy Montana with your family.
Carma Benson L.P.N.
H.O.P.E. orphanage