Well, another week has past and it’s about time for another blog update. This past week has been enjoyable, but very, very hot! I feel like I've sweat more in the past week than I have in the past year. :)
The new family that will be joining the work here (the Byers) have been moving up from the town where they have been ministering. They have been here frequently the past week. If you go to the mission’s website (link on the left) you can hear about them in the June newsletter. It was really fun to spend time with them and get to know them. They’re a lot of fun and they seem so well prepared to help with the work here. I know they will be a blessing to Steve and Faith.
Grace and I worked some afternoons this week stenciling flowers in a bedroom in the widow’s home. It turned out really cute. I have pictures of us working (and being silly – imagine that!!), but I don’t think they’ve been downloaded to the computer yet. The widows and the workers had fun watching us.
On Monday, Nathan and Bethany (the Leaches son and new daughter-in-law) are coming down for 2 weeks. We are planning to go to the beach at Mole-St. Nicholas on Monday. It should be such a blast!!
This afternoon I’ll be working more on the curtains I’ve been making. I hope I can get the tension right on the treadle sewing machine. I haven’t been able to get it right yet and it makes the seams look a little puckered looking. If I can’t get it right, I might do it by hand, but I’d really rather not. Sounds like a lot more work to me!!
Thanks for all your prayers for safety, health, and language. I really appreciate them!
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment