Friday, July 13, 2007

Another Survey

I thought you might all enjoy another survey. It's long and probably a waste of time to read, but it was fun to do! :) I'll try to do a "real" post soon - something practial and about what's new in my life.


1. Do you like chinese food?
Yes, definitely. Crab ragoons, fried rice, and eggrolls are my favorites!

2. Is your room clean?
Clean . . . how loose is the definition of that word? My floor is fairly clean, but my desk is a disaster!

3. Laptop or Desktop computer?
For surfing the web: Laptop with wireless internet because I can sit on the couch or in a big comfy chair and relax
For everything else: desktop

4. How many times have you been pulled over by the police?
Believe it or not, never.

5. Pancakes or French Toast?
Can I have both please? :)

6. Do you like coffee?
Absolutely!! The best way to drink it is with cream (the real stuff)!

7. How do you like your eggs?
Cooked! Really, really well cooked. My family says I like my eggs to be dead. No bright yellow or runny yolks for me, thanks. As Rocky on "Chicken Run" says to Ginger, "I've met some hard-boiled chicks in my time, but I'd say you're about 20 minutes". Okay, so you'd probably have to see the movie . . .

8. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My mom

9. Last person on your missed call list?
My mom

10. What was the last text message you received?
One from Kaylea

11. McDonalds or Burger King?
I don't eat at Burger King very often, so I guess McDonalds

12. Number of pillows?
Are we talking decorative or functional. I have one sleeping pillow, I have 5 decorative pillows. So, I guess I have 6 pillows. :)

13. Last thing you ate?
An ice cream sandwich

14. Last thing you bought?
quilt batting at Hobby Lobby

15. What are you hearing right now?
The dishwasher, the dryer, myself typing on the keyboard, and the hum of the computer.

16. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
Strawberry preserves

17. Can you play pool?
Probably not very well

18. Do you know how to swim?
Yes

19. Favorite ice cream?
Hmmm . . . hard choice. A couple of my favorites from Braums are Chocolate Toffee, Stawberry Shortcake, and Pumpkin. I also like Blue Bunny's "Bunny Tracks". I also like cookies and cream, peppermint, etc . . . I'm not a big fan of chocolate ice cream. The one from Braums is about the only chocolate kind I like.

20. Do you like maps?
For functionality . . . yes, if they are detailed, accurate, and easy to read
For decoration . . . yes, if they are antiqued-looking wall maps

21. Tell me a random fact.
My dad was on the national honor roll in high school without trying. :)

22. What is your favorite season?
I like them all :)

23. Pick a movie quote.
Oh dear . . . anyone who knows our family very well knows that we had a gazillion movie quotes floating around here at any given time. The most recent was a quote from Princess Diaries 2: "I get the concept; the execution is just a little illusive". Another one we like is from Pirate of the Carribean 1, which says, "I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request". Of course there are the favorites like, "It's a big, blueish, green man with a strange looking goatee. I'm guessing that's significant". Or, " 'Riley, are you crying?' . . . 'Look, stairs!' " Anyway, I guess I can't pick. ;)


24. Favorite quote:
I know there are a lot of really meaningful, great quotes that I love, but I can't think of a favorite right now.

25. What is your favorite hangout?
My house. My favorite hangout away from my house is probably Kaylea's house


26. Best friends names?
My family :) Kaylea, Ashley

27. How long have you known them?
My family: actually, believe it or not I've known my parents and older brother my whole life. The others I've known for their whole lives. :)
Kaylea: I don't know, maybe 18 or 19 years
Ashley: I've probably known about her since I was 8 or 9, but I really gotten to know her better in the last 5-7 years.

28. Last time you laughed at something stupid?
Tonight in the living room with my family after I got home from work.

29. What time did you wake up this morning?
Disclaimer: I've been tired because of my new work schedule and I planned on sleeping in. Okay, I got a little after 10:00 AM.

30. Best thing about winter?
Snow and Christmas

31. Name a couple of favorite colors:
Red, blue, green

32. How old are you?
Old enough to not wish I was older. :)

33. What month is your birthday in?
August

34. What are you doing this weekend?
Going to a friend's wedding, working, and going to church

35.If you were______ what would you be?[a flower] [a fruit] [a vegetable] [a spice] [a color] [a bug] ?
Who came up with these questions anyway? I would be a ladybug (not the stinky kind)

Short Answer

Are you left handed or right handed?
Right handed

Are you smart?
Whoa . . . that's a loaded question. It probably depends on what day it is, and what time of the day it is.

Whats your middle name?
Joy

Do you like v-8?
Well, it depends on whether we're talking about the juice or the engine. The juice, no. The engine, probably yes.

What was your first word?
Oh good grief, I'll never hear the end of this one. . . . it was "pig". I got smarter though. My first little 'sentance' was "Cheese please". :)

Can you do a cartwheel?
Actually, I rather pride myself in my cartwheel abilities. :)

Do you have bangs?
Yes

Do you have contact lenses?
Yes/no. I have a pair, but I haven't started wearing them yet

Can you drive?
Well, some might wonder. The law says I can, but you'd better ask those who ride with me. One of my brother friends sat in the front when I was driving them somewhere and anytime I changed from the left lane into the right lane he look over his shoulder and check to see if anyone was there - as if I wasn't going to check myself!! When I got onto his case about it he claimed that he didn't even realize he was doing it. Whatever! For all of you who were wondering which friend it was, think of the tallest guy you can think of.

What do you drive?
A 1995 GMC Safari with 227,000 miles. :)

Do you snore?
Okay, this is a ridiculous question. I mean, honestly, I don't stay awake to listen to me at night while I'm sleeping. . . . but the answer is no, not usually.

Do you lick your envelopes or use a sponge?
Lick them.

Do you keep a journal?
I keep a personal devotional journal.

What languages do you know?
Are we talking "know fluent" or "know kind of". I'm fluent in English most days. I know a little Haitian Creole.

Do you like onions?
Absolutely love them! I can eat sauteed onion slices. They're so yummy! I like onions cooked or raw.

Do you like cotton candy?
Bllleck!! It's gross.

Do you like Pina coladas?
If we're talking non-alcoholic one, then yes, I'm sure I would like one. I like pineapple and coconut.

What instruments can you play?
Piano. Maybe the violin, but just barely. ;)

What words do you overuse?
"Oh my goodness!"
"Good grief"
"Holy Cow"
"Are you serious"

What's your bedtime?
Late . . . usually around 12:00 since I got this new job

Do you like to dance?
Yes, around the house with my sisters (or the broom if it's handy)

Do you like to sing?
Yes

Are you any good at it?
Oh dear . . . maybe I'll wait and see if Josiah comments on this since he is probably the only one reading this who really knows how I sing

Do you like to talk on the phone?
Sometimes. I'd rather see people in person.

How many times have you moved houses?
Once

Do you like where you live?
Yes, we have wonderful neighbors!

How many people go to your school?
Around 10,000

Do you like your writing?
It depends on how witty and inspirational it comes out . . . what is that question's purpose. I should've deleted that one.

Do you like to finger-paint?
Never do it so I wouldn't know.


What do you smell like?
Nothing

Are you organized?
Semi

What do you put on hotdogs and hamburgers?
Hot dogs: ketchup, mustard, and relish. maybe saurkraut if it's available
Hamburgers: ketchup, mustard, dill pickle slices, tomato, onion, and lettuce

Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
Not currently, but that doesn't mean that I haven't in the past ten years, nor does it mean that I won't in the next ten years. My dad sometimes buys me stuffed animals. :)

Do you sleep with socks on?
In the winter, yes. In the summer, not very often.

Are you ticklish?
Not very much . . . only people in my family know the places where I am really ticklish. :)

Are you shy?
What do you think?

Do you talk to yourself?
All the time. :)

Is your house 1, 2, or 3 stories?
One

Do you have a basement or an attic?
We have a "'fraidy room" under our utility room and we have an attic

Did you go to preschool?
No.

Are you a morning person?
No.

What's your favorite outfit?
I don't know if I have one. It probably varies from week to week.

Who has the most annoying voice in the world?
I have absolutely no clue . . .

Do you believe in bigfoot?
I live with bigfoot.

What do you do when you're nervous?
Get butterflies in my stomach

Who's your role model?
My mom and her mother

Do you like classical music?
Some of it

How old do you wish you were?
I guess I like just where I am. :)

Where's the farthest place you ever traveled?
Farther from home was probably St. Vincent

Where do you wanna go?
Europe, South America, anywhere really. Maybe specifically, Thailand, India, Israel, Italy, China, Japan, Austrailia, New Zealand, just to name a few.

What is the best advice you've ever been given?
"There are worse things in life than being single" (obviously the implied "worse thing" is being in a bad marriage - the advice therefore, was "wait for God's man")

Do you close your eyes on roller coaster?
Not anymore.

When's the last time you've been sledding?
Don't have a clue

Can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics?
Politics, no. Government, yes.

Do you know how to play poker?
No.

Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
No, and I never want to be!

If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around you, do you run a red light?
No.

Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Yes, a few times.

How often do you remember your dreams?
Rarely.

Do you always wear your seat belt?
Yes

What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I retain everyhing I study.

Do you like Sushi?
I've tried it, but I don't know if I would say I like it.

Do you truly hate anyone?
No

What food do you find disgusting?
Cooked greens (collards, spinach, etc...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm commenting on your blog! Yay! Jump up and down in excitement...just joking. :) I copied the crazy survey on your post and am going to send you my answers through email, just because I love those surveys and no one sends them to me anymore!!
Ask your brother if you don't know who I am.