My summer vacation has officially come to an end. I started back to school today. I'm taking human physiology. It should be interesting. :) Although my summer has come to an end, the heat decided to stick around. It has been in the lower 100's. And of course, the A/C in the van quit. :) I've learned to love the breeze coming through the open windows . . . I'm especially grateful when the windows actually roll down, and even more grateful when they will roll back up!! Ahh, the pleasures of driving a more "experienced" vehicle. :) Actually, I'm really grateful for it. It is pretty reliable (even if the windows aren't).
Last Tuesday, Mom, the girls and I drove to Camp Barnabas to pick up Josiah. He had been working there for two weeks as a CIA (Christian in Action). The CIAs all have a handicapped individual they are assigned to and they live with them 23/7. They provide all the care for that person, do all the camp activities with them, etc... Josiah loves it! It was neat to see the camp in person. We got to see the buildings that Extreme Makeover did for them, and we got to see all the stuff that we'd only seen on the show. The most neat thing of all, though, was to see the families who were there to pick up their handicapped campers. I really admire the moms and dads who have handicapped kids. They have to be so selfless and giving all the time.
Tomorrow the kids all start back to orchestra. They are, of course, extremely excited!! Maybe Josiah will post about it tomorrow. Hint, hint. ;)
Jessica
1 comment:
I am glad to hear that you are home. Keep us updated on school and life. :-)
Ash
Post a Comment