Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Wisdom of His Ways

I got a letter in the mail today from "the other nursing school" I had applied to and they accepted me! Although I've decided to go to the first school, I was still very excited to be accepted. Some of you may remember that "the other nursing school" did not accept me last year. I had been put on an alternates list and was told I would be contacted if there was an opening. It was really difficult for me because everything I had worked for seemed to go down the proverbial tubes. This year I'm very excited, though. When I tell this school that I won't be attending their nursing program, a student on the alternate list will be called!! Yahoo!!! I'm so happy for the student who is going to get in. I wish I could see their face when they get the call!! It's like the Lord let me walk a mile in their shoes and I remember how I would've felt if I had been called.

I remember that last year after I had received the "alternate" letter, I was truly heartbroken. I cried and just felt like my whole life had been postponed for a year (thanks, Debbie, for your shoulder and your wise words; thanks Mom and Dad for your sympathy, your prayers, your wise counsel, and for letting me cry). In my Bible there are two verses that are marked "10-15-07 re: plans for future and not being accepted to [school name]." Those two verses were Proverbs 16:3, 9:

"Roll your works on the Lord, commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and so shall your plans be established and succeed. . . A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure" (Amplified version).

Then there were two more verses marked "10-16-07 re: [school name] and future plans". There were two verses that day, too. Proverbs 16:20, 33:

"He who deals wisely and heeds God's word and counsel shall find good, and whoever leans on, trusts in, and is confident in the Lord--happy, blessed, and fortunate is he . . . The lot is cast into the lap, but the decision is wholly of the Lord. Even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him" (Amplified version).

Even though I still don't completely understand the ways that God has been working, I still choose to believe in His perfect will. I have given Him control of me and my deepest desire is that my life would be a pure reflection of how wonderfully wise and faithful He really is.

No comments: