"Dear Jessica,
Congratulations! You have been selected for acceptance
into [school name] LPN Bridge program into the
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) program
for the spring 2008 class."
Yahooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I live and breathe this stuff, so I know what that first line in the letter meant, but I should probably clarify it. This means that I am allowed to take a 2 week bridge class. If I successfully pass that class, I will be allowed to enter this school's RN program. I would be in school during 2 semesters (spring and fall of 2008) and then I would graduated with my ASN and be eligible to take the state board of nursing test to become an RN. This letter is the answer I've been waiting for for 14 months!! When a nursing school doesn't accept you they send you a letter in a regular envelope, but letters of acceptance come in manilla envelopes because they contain other necessary paperwork. I've been on the receiving end of both kinds of envelopes and I must say that manilla envelopes are much more fun to receive!!! I'm still waiting to hear from the other school. They said I should hear next week sometime. Then, if necessary, we will make a final decision about which school I should attend.
The night before I found out I was accepted I had been thinking to myself, "What if I don't get into either school? It's like I would've done all this preparation for nothing." Then the still, small voice of the Lord Jesus reminded me that it isn't for nothing - I am pleasing Him currently. I am fufilling what He has lead me to do, so even if I didn't get into an RN program I would not have wasted me time. Obedience to the Lord never results in wasted time. On my flip calendar that night was a quote from Jim Elliot:
"Wherever you are, be all there.
Live to the hilt every situation
you believe to be the will of God".
No comments:
Post a Comment