Monday, March 3, 2008

God's Provision: MUCH Better Than Shoes!!

"The LORD hath done great things for us;
whereof we are glad."
Psalm 126:3

Every once in a while I refer to the title of my blog, "Great Things". The verse at the top really explains it well . . . "Consider what great things He has done for you". Today is one of those "consider" days. I'd like you to consider with me.

Right before Christmas I got my school bill for the spring semester. A whopping $4500 bill. To some that might sound cheap, but one of my big desires has been to go through school completely debt-free so that I can be free to do what God wants me to do after school. Thanks to my parents I have been able to work and use the money to pay for my school bills. In addition I have received Pell Grants from the government to pay for about half the bill. Recently I have applied for a scholarship at school. It didn't indicate how much it was worth. All the application said was that the award amount was based on available funds. In my mind I assumed it was probably somewhere between $250 - $500. Today I found out that I was awarded the scholarship. The award amount was $2,500!! All I can say is that when He said He was our provider, He wasn't kidding around!!

"But my God shall supply all your need
according to his riches
in glory by Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome Jessi! he does provide, thanks for the encouraging testimony :)

Psalm 29:2 said...

WHOA!! too cool! God WILL provide and WILL honor those who sacrifice for Him... thank you!!

And no, NEVER too many shoes...