I've been needing to keep my mind fixed on Jesus today and I've been failing miserably. This morning I was looking in the book of Isaiah and the Lord ministered these verses to my weary heart:
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength . . . Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God." (Isaiah 26:3-4 and 50:10)
The most important thing for me to do at this moment is to keep my mind focused on my powerful and loving Heavenly Father. The word "trust" is mentioned again and again in these verses. When I choose to keep my mind focused on Him instead of fretting over the future I prove to Him that I am actively trusting Him. My level of obedience proves my level of trust. He is worthy of my obedience and my trust. He will never, ever fail me.
No comments:
Post a Comment