Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Week in a Nutshell

Since it's been two weeks since I posted last, I think it is about time I caught everyone up to speed. We got back home from our trip on the afternoon of July 4th. That evening the girls and I sat outside with our neighbors in their front yard and watched other neighbors shoot off fireworks. Just think of all the money we saved!

Last Monday, Mom, the girls and I went to Kaylea's house and spent the night with her and her mom. The men in their house were "banned" from coming home! We sunbathed in their pool, ate pizza, watched three movies (count 'em . . . 3!!), and just generally had a fun time!

Tuesday morning we left and went back home in time to get ready for Bright Lights. Bright Lights is a Bible study for girls 10-13 years old. It is meant to be done monthly or bi-weekly over an extended period of time, but since my school schedule is too hectic, I can't commit to doing it for that long. I am doing a Bright Lights group every week during the month of July and last Tuesday was the first day. It went really well. I think the girls all had a good time.

I worked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I'm getting ready to go to work this afternoon. Not much is new other than that. I do want to share one Scripture that has been a great reminder to me this week: "I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die" (Galatians 2:21 NLT). The truth of the matter is just this: if there was any other way for us to be made right with God (i.e., our good works, keeping all God's laws, multiple paths to God), then Christ died for nothing. But if He died because His death was our only hope of redemption, then I absolutely must devote my life to bringing this message to those who have never heard.

"But the Scriptures declare that we are all prisoners of sin, so we recieve God's promise of freedom only by believing in Jesus Christ" (Galatians 3:22 NLT).

No comments: