1.) "House Calls & Hitching Posts" by Dorcas Sharp Hoover

My friend, Mary, gave me this book for my birthday and I have really enjoyed the little bit I have been able to read. It is the story of a doctor who spent his medical practice in service to the Amish community.
2.) "The Music of His Promises" by Elisabeth Elliot
Mom got me this book for my birthday! I am a fan of Elisabeth Elliot's writings, but had not previously heard of this book. It has, however, been a blessing to me. The subtitle speaks to the heart of the book's message: "Listening to God with love, trust, and obedience".
3.) "Huldah Buntain: Woman of Courage" by Hal Donaldson and Kenneth M. Dobson

I'm actually only a few pages into this one, but it promises to be inspiring and encouraging! It is the story of a missionary woman who has spent her life in India (the book seems to concentrate on the work that she carried on after the death of her husband). Our church has financially supported Huldah Buntain for many years, but I do not really know her story. I am excited to learn more about her!
4.) "Physical Examination and Health Assessment" by Carolyn Jarvis

This book is actually a textbook. I haven't really cracked the cover yet, but my class called "Health Assessment" starts on Monday, so it will quickly become the most important book in this list!! I'm actually slightly (and only slightly . . . because I do not really enjoy school!) excited about this class.
Sorry my posts haven't been very newsy lately! Hopefully there will be a "before and after" post soon of the bathroom redecorating that we're doing!! :)
1 comment:
Neat books!! I think I would love to read (or at least flip through) all of them.
Post a Comment