
Kevin and Aneysa were married this evening. Aneysa has been a dear friend for many, many years. You know, one of those dear friends whom your heart connects with on a deeper level than just your regular chummies. :) The ceremony was in a church, but the dinner reception was at Aneysa's parents' home. The evening was calm and lovely (albeit, a bit cooler than we're used to for August).
The title of my blog is "Great Things" and it is based off the Scripture which reminds us to remember the great things the Lord has done for us. Tonight while I was at Aneysa's wedding, I thought back to a moment that happened not too long ago. Last December after my graduation party, Aneysa and I sat in her freezing cold car and prayed for the Lord to bring us Godly husbands. Tonight, I got to see with my eyes the answer to that prayer. I stand in awe of the Lord's goodness once again.
It reminds me of a celebratory Psalm that praises the Lord for the blessings He brings into our lives by His power. The psalmist was thanking the Lord for delivering His people from captivity, so maybe this verse seems taken out of context, but the same Lord who brought deliverance to His people was the Lord who answered those prayers we prayed!!
" . . . we were like men who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The Lord has done great things for them.' The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:1b-3 (emphasis mine)


The reception was held on the front lawn. There were tables and white chairs. Each table had a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers in the center and the most darling favors: lemon drops in mini Mason jars. So sweet. :)





Mary, a long time friend, was one of the bridesmaids. :)

Kaylea and I have been friends for years and years, as well. You know what they say: "Make news friends, but keep the old. The one is silver, the other is. . . the only one who will make funny faces with you!"

** The first two photos were taken by Clay Pearlstein, the wedding photographer **
No comments:
Post a Comment