Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Most Random and Boring Post I've Ever Written


Busy day . . . this post is being written exactly one minute after my self-imposed bedtime. I say the day was busy, and that is true, but not entirely productive. Started off the day with a some reading in Romans and much prayer for strength to desire the Lord's will above all else. Greatly encouraging verses were "discovered" at the end of chapter 11:

"Oh the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!
'Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?'
'Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?'
For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen."
Romans 11:33-36

The Guide and Counselor who I turn to when I lack wisdom is the One who has never needed a counselor. He is Wisdom. I'm so glad I serve Him!!

After devotions, I did some much needed decluttering on my desk and got some paperwork for Ethiopia all organized. I accumulate so much paper! There is a fairly large bag of paper trash to go out tomorrow. :) After the decluttering, I caught up on some e-mails, got some checks written, made some phone calls, and worked on some assignments for my BSN class. Ohh! And I also got a time set up that we can look at proofs of family pictures that were taken before Jonathan left for NY. I'm very excited about that!!

The afternoon was spent with a quick run to Wal-Mart for some groceries, then back home to make pineapple cake and dinner. Josiah had invited a classmate of his over for dinner. Mom and the girls got home from their hair appointments around 4 PM and we all worked together to get dinner finished.

This evening I worked on balancing my checkbook and for the life of me I cannot figure out how I am coming up with $2.13 less than the bank statement. Grrrr! It just balanced last month. I have reworked the math, double checked every entry, etc.... Tonight I'm just too tired to work on it anymore. It can wait. :)Maybe I'll show it to Mom. She thinks it is fun to figure out problems like that!!

One other very fun thing that happened today was that the carpet was laid in the "downstairs". I will be probably be posting more about this later this week or next week (complete with "before and after" pictures). It looks so great and it should be a wonderful place for schoolwork, guests, and hospitality. :)

Alright, well it is now 18 minutes after my bedtime. I cannot believe how boring this post is, and I really can't believe you're still reading. You must be a true friend. Or you're Grandma. :)

**the picture of pumpkin pie was placed there for no reason except to illustrate how absolutely random this post is** (and yes, I did just end my sentance with "is". Ooops, did it again. ;)

2 comments:

Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

Lol! I love the post... :)

Jennifer Beaty (Thompson) said...

Hi Jessica!

I enjoyed the post! It's neat to catch up with you after...how many years?! Thanks so much for sending me the link to your blog.

Blessings,
Jennifer