Thursday, November 5, 2009

Vision Changes



She came to the clinic complaining of headaches and abdominal pain. A sweet 17 year old gal with the smile of an angel . . . and a congenital eye defect that had caused her to be blind in one eye and almost blind in the other. I first laid eyes on her when I walked into the nurse practitioner's cubicle. The NP had asked that some of us come and pray for her. We prayed for her. We asked the Lord to heal her. When we were done praying, I asked the interpreter (an Ethiopian AG Bible college graduate) if he would explain to her about Christ and how if she accepted Christ she would one day be in heaven and her sight would be completely present. He spoke to her for a time and then at our request he asked her if she had any questions about our God. He turned to me and said, "She is ready." Halfway unbelieving I said, "Ready for what?" "She is ready to receive Christ." I don't think there was a dry eye in that little white curtained cubicle as this gal prayed to receive Christ's forgiveness. We know there was rejoicing in heaven over her that day!!! When she was finished, I took her hand and rubbed it over my face. "One day in heaven you will see my face perfectly with your eyes."

The Lord had a special ending for the patient, too. She was able to unexpectedly see the optical team. They were able to give her glasses that enabled her to see 4-5 feet in front of her instead of just 1 foot in front!!

Her physical sight being improved was neat . . . but her spiritual sight was so much more important and valuable!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessi, it sounds like you had an great trip! Isn't the power of prayer awesome!! I just finished a book on intervening for others through prayer--it made me realize anew how powerful prayer is. Thanks for sharing about your trip!
Karlene