Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weddings Galore!

I had three friends get married this month. The weddings were super fun and each was so very different from the others . . . and so God-honoring.

Austin and Brittany

Best thing about the couple
Austin and Brittany are one of the most God-honoring couples I have ever met. Their relationship is an example of purity and obedience.

Wedding location
In a forest by a creek on her parents’ farm



Best thing about the wedding
After much fretting that perhaps the wedding would be rained on, the day turned out with absolutely gorgeous weather. It was probably the prettiest outdoor wedding I’ve ever been to!



Most fun moment at the wedding
Am I allowed to say that Austin and Brittany had the best wedding cake I have ever tasted? Best ever. It was amazing.



What they taught me about the Lord
Austin and Brittany taught me the truth of the scripture that says, “them that honor me I will honor . . .” 1 Sam 2:30. God has definitely honored their obedience to Him.


Nate and Katie

Best thing about the couple
Nate and Katie are the most laid-back and mature couple! Their love for each other is built on a deeply rooted respect for each other.

Wedding location
In a barn loft in the country



Best thing about the wedding
The reception! It was the most fun wedding reception I’ve been to! They had awesome live music, homemade ice cream, tons of different desserts, and a whole keg of root beer! I had a root beer float that was amazing!



Most fun moment at the wedding
Instead of a guest book, the guests all had silly pictures taken at the “photo booth” – complete with props.



What they taught me about the Lord
Nate and Katie taught me the importance of having a relationship that is not built on the superficial, but is built on the foundation of Jesus Christ. “Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it . . .” Psalm 127:1




David and Miranda

Best thing about the couple
David and Miranda love to laugh and do not take themselves too seriously!

Wedding location
A wedding chapel in a small town



Best thing about the wedding
Their vows were precious and personalized. Miranda read a letter that she had written to her future husband at the age of 13.

Most fun moment at the wedding
Watching David dip Miranda when they kissed for the first time ever!



What they taught me about the Lord
David and Miranda taught me the importance of sowing good seeds so that the harvest of your life will be good. “He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.” Psalm 126:6

No comments: