
I've never really cared for revolving doors. You know, those glass ones where you have to rush to get in before your body gets crushed. And then once you're inside the torture chamber, you have to walk just slow enough that you don't walk into the glass in front of you, while at the same time walking just fast enough that you don't get hit by the glass behind you. That stresses me out. I have enough things to worry about in life. The last thing I need to be wondering about is whether or not that door is going to attack me. I always . . . and I literally mean ALWAYS . . . walk through the regular doors at the hospital. There are two really large revolving doors and I avoid them like the plague. Plagues kill. So do revolving doors.
Just the other day I was leaving the hospital. As I walked through the lobby, I noticed a little girl and her mom. The girl was probably about 7 years old. As we neared the exit, the mom was headed right for the revolving doors. I didn't hear what the girl said, but it must have been a protest about going through the death trap because her mom held her hand tightly and right before they marched in I heard the mom say:
"Be brave. Just listen to what I have to say".
I couldn't hear anything more because they entered the glass tomb, but I had heard the lesson God was speaking. That momma knew what she was doing. She'd walked through tons of revolving doors and she knew how to safely maneuver through them even though her child did not. The little girl got safely through because she placed her hand in her mom's hand, stuck close, and listened up.
"For I am the Lord your God, the one who takes hold of your right hand, who says to you, 'Don't be afraid, I am helping you'." Isaiah 41:13
Take His hand. Stick close. Listen up.
1 comment:
That's right. If we'll just let Him take our hand and TRUST Him to lead us safely through the uncertainty of the path ahead of us, He WILL guide us, care for us, and leads us in His PERFECT way! Isn't that such a comfort to remember!
Post a Comment