I've been watching this lately in a friend and without knowing it, his love for his sweet girl has taught my heart again of the love God has for me.
Franklin* has always been a quiet guy. He's one of those men who you know is quiet around those he doesn't know very well. He's not one to wear his heart on his sleeve. Or at least, he didn't used to wear it there!
Then Katie* entered his life . . . imagine my surprise as I watched him openly speaking of how wonderful his special girl is and publicly doting on her. He treats her like she's the Queen of England (and truly, she *is* pretty awesome). It is pleasantly surprising for me to see him so openly in love with this woman. "Unashamed" is the best word I can think of. He's absolutely unashamed that he is twitterpated.
As I stood in awe of his unabashed love for this sweet gal, I thought of the Lord's love for me . . .
". . . Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers . . ."
(Heb 2:11)
(Heb 2:11)
How amazing is that! Jesus gives me His own holiness and is not ashamed to call me His sister!! He's not ashamed to call you His brother!! His love is far beyond what we deserve. He speaks of us freely to the Father and He declares His love for us openly and unashamed!!
I want to love Him back the same way --- absolutely unashamed.
*Not their real names . . . just in case they read this. lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment