Monday, May 13, 2013

Hold You?

The other day I was watching a friend's little 2 year old daughter. We went for a walk down to a nearby swing set so we could play. As we walked down the street, this little gal's chubby fingers clasped my hand as she took two steps for every one step I took. She trotted along like this for sometime, chattering on about "swing" and "mommy" and "mammie and papa" and "birdies".

Then she inquisitively said these two sweet words, "Hold you?"

She was tired. She was weary. The sun was shining, she had exerted all the energy her little legs could muster.

Her question was simple.

"Hold you?"

"Do you want me to pick you up?" I asked her.

"Yes."

I picked her up and began to carry her on to our destination.


Today Jesus will do that for me. I am tired, I am weary. The sun is shining, I have exerted all the energy my little heart can muster.

My need is simple.

"Hold You?"

". . . in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place." Deut 1:31

And He picks me up and carries me to our destination.




1 comment:

Susana Neiger said...

Sweet, profound truths are often seen in simple things. Thanks for sharing this.