On Tuesday, Mom and I went to Schaffitzel's Florist to buy impatients and torenia for our front flower bed. Mom wanted to get the flowers in before it rained this week. We've also been working on transplanting some plants from the flower bed to a place beside our pathway. It's looking pretty. Maybe I'll post some pictures once the flowers have grown a little more.
Tuesday afternoon we went to lunch with my mom's friend, Tina, and her daughter, Kaylea (who happens to be a very dear friend of mine). It was Mom's friend's birthday and we dined at Panera Bread Co. It was a very special and fun time.
This evening Dad and I went to Victory Mission where Dad always preaches on the 4th Thursday of the month. Usually I play the piano and the kids play their instruments, but I was all alone this month since the kids were at an orchestra performance. After the service at the mission Dad and I picked up the girls from their performance and went to Wal-Mart to buy "Night at the Museum" (Yaahoo! we love that movie) and then to Braum's (midwest burger place that also sells dairy, meat, produce, and bread) to get dinner for the girls, a gallon of ice cream, and a gallon of milk. Then it was home to watch the movie!
This weekend promises to be busy with the area homeschool conference. Josiah is working at it, Mom is attending some sessions, and I'll go for a little while. Josiah is playing viola with his orchestra group during the homeschool graduation that happens tomorrow evening at the conference.
I just finished a book that I thought was excellent. It is by Isobel Kuhn (one of my favorite authors) and it is called "Green Leaf in Drought". I would recommend it as spiritually encouraging reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment