Thursday, October 27, 2011

His Thesis

As I near the end of my BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) education, I am taking a bunch of gen ed classes that I kept putting off. One of those classes is English Comp II. It’s really a fairly simple class and one of our assignments is to write a “research” paper the views of film critics’ about a film of our choice. I chose The Queen. The story of Queen Elizabeth II’s reaction to the death of Princess Diana is fascinating and the movie was extremely well made. To prepare for writing my paper, I was reading movie reviews. As I read, there was one particular line from a review that hit me like a blast of cold air:

“There is no element in this film that’s not carefully planned to advance its thesis and nothing that isn’t effective in achieving its goal.”
– Jeremy Fox

Carefully planned to advance its thesis . . .

And I’m just thinking that maybe all elements of my life are carefully planned to advance His thesis: namely, His glory.

May everything He brings into my life today be effective in achieving its goal of bringing Him the glory He deserves.